Moist chocolate cake can be a challenge to get right! Making a delicious chocolate cake from scratch may sound intimidating but rest assured, the recipe we are talking about is really easy to make and the results are almost guaranteed. This cake is perfect not only for your everyday chocolate intake, but it can be a perfect birthday cake, too, by just adding some luscious frosting between layers and decorations.
Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe Tips And Tricks
To bake the perfect moist chocolate recipe cake, you have to be careful to not over bake it, without opening the oven to check it too many times. Also, using the toothpick or a wooden skewer is an immense help, but don’t forget that you are aiming in a moist cake, so don’t expect the toothpick to come out completely clean.
It’s almost impossible to go wrong with a chocolate dessert, whether you offer it to your dinner guests or have it as an everyday treat. And it can be served with many variations, since chocolate tastes great with seasonal fruits, whipped cream, chopped nuts and so many more yummy things.
- 1 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate buttercream frosting or chocolate ganache (optional)
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Take a 13×9’’ pan (or 2 9’’ round pans) and grease it, then flour it.
- In a bowl, sift together the cocoa, baking soda, flour and salt.
- Take a large mixing bowl and stir together the margarine and sugar, until you have a fluffy mixture.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing well in between.
- Add the vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- Take the flour mixture and add a little of it. Beat well. Add a little milk and continue beating. Continue like that until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and give it a stir.
- Pour the cake batter into your pan.
- Bake the cake for about 45 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the middle of the cake to check if it comes out fairly clean, which means the cake is ready.
- Take the cake out of the oven and allow it to cool down before taking it out of the pan.
- If you want, frost the cake with some chocolate buttercream frosting to decorate.